Oh yeah those are muffins alright. 100% muffins. Well, other than its shape.
You know I’m a really lazy person. That day I was just so in the mood for baking, but so lazy to bake, so genius me came up with the idea of baking muffins…in a loaf pan! Tadah sinfully delicious and easy to make, no need for muffin pans, greasing, lining, dividing the batter (just dunk the whole dang thing in!); am I a genius or a genius?
Filled with 2 kinds of citrus zest and topped with toasted dessicated coconut, these muffins were a bomb. The combination of ingredients gave it such a tropical flavour, and to top it off it was really fluffy, soft, and most importantly just the right amount of moistness. Every bite felt like bursts of sunshine. It was an instant hit with my family, and the whole loaf was gone the next day! 😀 happy happy me!
Somehow baking these weren’t enough to calm my achy bakey heart, so I went for the next straightforward and no fuss recipe I could find: 4 ingredient nutella mini cupcakes. I knew these would turn out good cause I’ve made them once before! I didn’t know what a mini cupcake pan was like previously though, so I ended up baking them in what I thought were the correct pans, but were actually patty pans *faints* they were still wonderful, but they looked so…unappealing.
I finally figured out what mini cupcake pans looked like though! So this time they turned out looking simply divine (:
Of course they taste equally divine too. Soft, moist, chocolatey; these are the ultimate bites to snack on when you’re having a chocolate craving. And feel extremely lazy.
I might have snacked on 1 or 2 of them when they just came out of the oven…or maybe 3 or 4…
It’ll probably suffice to say that between the 4 of us sisters, we emptied the entire pan in 5 minutes 😀
Citrus Coconut Muffins (makes 1 loaf pan)
Adapted from Baker Street’s Citrus Coconut Muffins
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup (180 ml) milk
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the orange zest, lemon zest, egg, orange juice and milk. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar, rub in the butter.
4. Add the milk mixture to the flour and gently mix until its just combined. Spoon into a prepared muffin tray and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
5. Bake for 25 mins. Let it cool on the wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.
4 ingredient Nutella Mini Cupcakes (makes 12 mini cupcakes)
Recipe from Alice’s 4 ingredients nutella brownies
1/2 cup Nutella spread
1 large egg
5 tablespoons all=purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
2. Put the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
3. Bake until a pick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely. Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.